Sunday, January 4, 2009

Addendum to Journal

This is a short note to give a brief up date on Mac. This way, Mom doesn't have to spend quite as much time on the phone.

His surgery was supposed to be at 10:00 am today. They came and got him at 3:15 this afternoon. Suprise, suprise, suprise. (This from someone who's been there, done that!) The surgery was supposed to be laprascoptic (sp?) but his gall bladder was too inflamed for that. They had to do a full surgery. When Mom called me at 6:30 from home, they still hadn't brought him back to his room. She was too tired to stay any longer and had come home but Janet stayed on and got to see the doctor.

He explained about the surgery. Doing the full surgery has a better chance of infection and they're worried about his health...i.e. his diabetes, heart condition, etc. So he'll be in the hospital for at least a week or so.

I'll know more when Mom finally gets to talk with the doctor (hopefully tomorrow) and will post what she learns then. For now, I'm doing well; walking my three walks a day, changing my own dressing, getting into my battery harness on my own and my numbers are good. They'll have a team meeting tomorrow and, hopefully, I'll get re-posted. Let you know when I know anything.


Jini

No comments: