Wednesday, January 7, 2009

UCLA Journal 14

Good morning to all of you out there. I don't know why, but it seems the only time I feel like writing this is the middle of the night. It's now 2 am. Why am I awake at this time you may ask. The answer, other than using the facilities, is, "beats me....."

OK. Let's start at the top and work down. Mac. Mom didn't have too much info yesterday. When she came home, the surgeon still hadn't been by. Janet was staying to see him when he got there and would call Mom with what he had to say. As of 10 pm. last night, Janet still hadn't called. Doctor probably didn't get there 'til late and she didn't want to wake Mom up. So we're going by what info Mom did have.

Mac was up again sitting in a chair. (My nurses say "Yeah for our side" about that) He still hasn't walked. The house doctor was in yesterday morning and said he was doing so well, they might send him home today. Without walking, I don't think so. Mac said he thinks thursday but I don't think it'll happen 'til friday. OK ladies and gentlemen, let's lay our bets....


Mac had lots of visitors. Lori and Scott were by as was Jennifer and the girls. Mac's old golf buddies have gotten the news, so they've been on the phone to him too.

Now, ME. I've had lots of good news. Venting to your nurse who has you vent to the assistant gal in charge of the program really works. The doctors all STAYED more than 30 seconds and LISTENED to what I had to say. Also got a visit from Dr. Morigouchi (the infamous) who, when I stood up for myself and told him he had really upset me, gave me a profound apology. The biggest "reward" I got was they've RE-LISTED me. That's right. I'm now on the list as a 1A. That's the highest you can get on the transplant list. And not only that, I'm the ONLY 1A on the floor. That means that the next O negative heart of the right size to come in is MINE.
Thank you, Lord. I know He works in his own way and time. I just get frustrated when his time and my time don't alway "march in step". But he's never let me down. I just have to remember that. "Our only hope here below is help from God above."
Mac and I both thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. They are doing so much good in our lives right now. May He do as good for you.....
Jini
P.S. I got my first and second doggie visits since I've been out of ICU today. Zeke, the 13 year old mixed breed who I seen a couple times before, and Abby, the golden who was a first for me. I just LOVE doggie visits.

No comments: