Saturday, January 3, 2009

UCLA Journal 12









Good evening to all of you out there who are awake at this time...probably none. So you'll just have to read this later. Here's a pic of Mark and myself when he came down. It was wonderful to see him and he spent two days - just the two of us. Thank you, Mark.







I'm in better spirits tonight. I think it's because I got what MIGHT be some good news. I went out for my walk last evening and ran into my surgeon, Dr. Ardihali. We talked a bit and got around to the fact that I'm still having trouble with my shortness of breath. His comment was "But it's better than when you came in." I told him no, it wasn't. In fact, on a scale of 1 to 10 my old shortness was about a 2 compared to this which was more like a 25 and I didn't expect it to get much better until I could take decent breath. He thought a bit then said maybe they should just put me back on the transplant list and not send me home to wait. So. He's only one person on the transplant team but he's the first one to suggest my staying and getting a heart. THAT'S PROGRESS!!!










When Kelly and Tom came down last weekend, they brought some pictures of their trip to the coast the day after Christmas. It's become a bit of a tradition with them. While they were there, they took the boys bowling. I think Josh has a pretty good hang of it.....
































Landon seems to be getting it, too...
























And even Dylan seems to know what to do....









OK, Carol. I'm trying this the way you told me to. Cross your fingers and hope....

No comments: