Saturday, December 27, 2008

UCLA Journal 10


Well, I still don't have any knowledge on what the lump is or what they're going to do about it. I get a CT scan tomorrow morning but who knows when, if ever, I'll hear about it. It's a little less sore tonight and I think a little smaller but I still have trouble breathing. I did go for a walk last night that was fun even if it was done in short steps. Go so far then sit down. And it's lots of fun with the nurse or care partner to be following behind with the commode so I'd HAVE a place to sit down when I got tired/light headed/weak in the knees. Mark went with me.

Yes, Mark. He came down yesterday around noon and stayed until about 4:30 today. The sofa here is long enough for him but not very wide so it wasn't a very good nights sleep. But I sure enjoyed having him here. He spent a lot of time on my computer streamlining it. Deleting this adding that. I'll probably never find all of my stuff again but the computer is working a lot faster and smoother.










Here's a few pictures of what my room looks like. This is my bed - a typical hospital bed - but I brought my own blanket down. The little dog on the left was given to me by Christopher, a nurse in pre-op when I teased him that he gave the 11 year old girl in the next bed a monkey. He gave me a dog saying he was all out of monkeys. I named the dog Chris the Furred..... The teddy bear on the right is from...you guessed it. MAC. You know how he is when it comes to buying stuffed animals. He brings me a new heart all soft and warm and tied up in a bow. We named the bear Cardio.






Here's close ups of them. They help take the place of the doggie visits I'm no longer allowed. I think that's because of the cords maybe getting tangled up in paws.
This is a picture of the flowers Deby sent me. It's the only time in my life that someone has sent me flowers while I was in the hospital. Aren't they beautiful!!!! I love lilies....


Well, this just gives you a small view of where I am. I keep telling you what a beautiful hospital this is. It's only been open since June/July. Mark made the comment after he was here that the true picture didn't come anywhere near what really was. So I thought I'd give you a brief look so you'd have a better picture.
Well, when I get more news I'll let you know what's going on. Until then, all of you enjoy the holidays and drive carefully. I don't want my "new" heart to be your "old" one. Take care, all of you. You have all my love....
Jini

No comments: