Friday, December 19, 2008

UCLA Journal 8



Before I say anything else, I want to apoligize to all of you for the "typing" in my last entry. I didn't realize until Iafter I saved it, that between trying to type with a blood gases clip on my index finger of my left hand and coping with two vicodan pain pills, my co ordination and mind had just gone to put. By then, it was too late to do anything about it. And frankly, I didn't care. So, to all of you that put up with that mess, my apoligizies. I'll do my best to not do it again.
As you can tell by the picture, most of my kids/grandkids came to see me today. They brought GIFTS!!!! Then we had to take pictures of the gifts. This was the nicer one. The other one like this had the christmas tree somewhere else. I'll leave that to your imagination. I got two new pair of socks - Christmas socks, one with balls on it (and I'll say no more about that). Deby brought me an 8 x10 picture of her and her family (I'd only been asking for one for a year or so). Kelly got me decals for the back of my van - "Grandma and her three Grandsons". Mom sent me a tree for my nightstand and I had her send me the guardian angel Karen crocheted for me last year. Deby also brought homemade fudge and cookies. I shared some of that with them (the boys whine so when you say no...) but the ones reading this.....NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH!!!!
I was sent back to the main floor today - out of ICU. It's nice to be back. As they pushed me down the hall in my wheel chair, all the nurses came out of wherever they were and welcomed me "home". And home is what they've made of it for me.
I've been up walking for the last 3-4 days now. NONE would count as a real walk. I made it to the end of the hall each time but, on some, I had to sit and rest partway down, others I made it all the way down without stopping. On none of them did I make it all the way down and back without having to rest on part of it. Today, they finally figured out they'd taken too much water off me and that's why I was having trouble. With all kinds of things. I didn't want to eat -no saliva. The meds were overworking on me some because there wasn't enough liquid to dilute them like they should. Thank goodness they've changed that. I feel better than I have all week.
I don't know what else to tell you about. That's all the news. I'm in a wonderful facility with fantastic people who are good at their jobs and have a great deal of compassion to go with it. God has truely been taking care of me. So for all of your prayers, thanks. Take care. Call whenever you feel like it. Until next time.....
Jini

2 comments:

¿ said...

sorry to hear youve been so ill. T

¿ said...

My god, Kelly is still cute. Hard to see the faces in that small pic.. The (grand) kids look great. Debbie looks like Debbie-nice face. Hard to realize everyone does age. Good luck. T.